This is 24-hours of classroom instruction for a hazardous materials worker or handler and is designed to satisfy the requirements of CAL/OSHA Title 8 §5192 for initial training of such individuals and helps employees avoid exposure to hazardous materials. Some of the topics covered include:
- Emergency Response Plan
- Site Safety and Health Plan
- HAZMAT Labeling
- Respiratory Protection
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Medical Surveillance Programs
- Monitoring Procedures and Equipment
- Accidental Release Measures
- Spill Cleanup Procedures, among others.
Hazwoper 24 hour training in the classroom gives students the opportunity to receive practical experience as well as the opportunity to use the actual tools and equipment that the HAZWOPER worker will use in the field.
Classroom experience is MOST important in this field of work. Read Steve’s Blog article on why it’s so important to take a HAZWOPER class in a classroom and NOT online here.
You need the OSHA Hazwoper 24 hour training class if:
- Your work area has hazardous waste materials
- Your job requires an OSHA 24 Hour HAZWOPER Occasional Site Worker certificate
- You sometimes work with, or are in contact with, hazardous wastes
Specifically designed for employees responsible for:
- clean-up operations
- emergency response operations
- voluntary clean-up operations
- storage, disposal, or treatment of hazardous substances
- uncontrolled hazardous waste sites.